AdventHealth Certified Tumor Registrar Oncology FT Days Remote in Orlando, Florida
Certified Tumor Registrar - AdventHealth - ORLANDO
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates though behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Identifies reportable cancer cases for suspense file through review of pathology reports, radiation oncology treatment notes, gynecologic oncology treatment notes, and the merge file. Collates data from various sources as new cases into computerized suspense file. Completes all required supportive documents and follow-up documentation for each identified patient.
- Accurately abstracts reportable cases in a timely manner as stipulated in ACoS cancer program standards, following ACoS and FCDS abstracting guidelines. Completes any corrections to FCDS edits within assigned time frame. Enters follow-up data into abstract as appropriate.
- Initiates involvement in special projects within the Cancer Registry department. Responsible for coordination and completion of physician abstract quality assurance reviews to meet the ACoS standard of 300 charts reviewed annually. Compiles results of physician abstract reviews. Shares results of abstract reviews with leadership. Collaborates with leadership to analyze areas of strength as well as opportunities for improvement as identified through abstract reviews. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to complete data collection for statistical reports, quality control studies, and other studies as requested. Analyzes trends in data collected and shares findings with leadership.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Healthcare or Health Information Management preferred
- Certified Tumor Registrar
- Completion of education program and/or work experience required for Certified Tumor Registrar, as defined by the National Cancer Registrars’ Association.
The Certified Tumor Registrar is responsible for all aspects of data collection for reportable cancer cases. The Certified Tumor Registrar completes case finding, abstracting, and follow-up data entry, and completes additional activities as needed to meet standards set by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) as well as the Florida Cancer Data Systems (FCDS). Leads by example in proactively serving as a resource for other Cancer Registry team members. Assists the Cancer Registry Resource Manager as needed with special projects to meet cancer program standards set by the ACoS. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.