All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Sign-on Bonus*
· Relocation Bonus*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift : PRN
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Child Life Specialist is a professional in pediatric healthcare who works with children and families to help minimize stress/anxiety and maximize positive coping throughout the hospital stay. The Child Life Specialist focuses on the psychosocial development of children, provides emotional support and developmentally appropriate information to increase their understanding and coping with medical procedures, diagnosis, pain management and bereavement. The Specialist also addresses the needs of siblings or other children affected by a child’s illness/diagnosis. Utilizes play and self-expressive activities as primary resources to minimize the stress and anxiety patients and families can encounter in a hospital environment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provides developmentally appropriate education for patients and their families as indicated by presenting appropriate information related to medical procedures, diagnosis, parent education, bereavement, etc.
· Provides emotional support to assist with patient/family coping; to minimize stress relative to their healthcare experience. Utilizes stress reduction techniques to facilitate positive coping during procedures and throughout the healthcare experience.
· Utilizes play as a primary resource with patients/siblings to enhance coping, promote opportunities for mastery/control and socialization.
· Assesses patient/siblings’ developmental levels, coping skills and diversional needs while establishing therapeutic relationships.
· Assists with coordination, involvement and support with hospital-related community and special events.
· Develops and maintains effective working relationships with child life peers and members of the healthcare team while supporting department changes as a result of performance initiatives.
· Supports education and skills of interdisciplinary team to advocate/enhance atraumatic care and comfort techniques throughout FHFC/FH and serves as a resource for staff.
· Provides training and supervision for volunteers and maintains positive working relationships with volunteers.
· Provides accurate and timely documentation.
· Maintains an organized and clean work environment; including playroom, work space and storage.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Entry-level professional competency in child life related skills
· Ability to learn and advance clinical skills
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
· Ability to communicate with others in a clear and professional manner on the phone, in person and in writing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Bachelor’s degree in Child Life, Education, Recreation Therapy, Child Development, Psychology or related field
· Completion of Child Life internship under a certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23026321
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 E ROLLINS ST
Pay Range: $23.635 - $23.635
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23026321
Job Family: Pediatrics
Shift: 1 - Day