AdventHealth Clinical Data Specialist Bone Marrow Transplant FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Location Address: 2501 North Orange Ave Orlando, FL 32804
- Full Time
- Creates and modifies workflow processes as needed or deemed necessary by Clinical Data Manager and serves as a resource for staff and physicians regarding the understanding of standards and requirements. Provides assistance regarding BMT program processes to comply with requirements.
- Coordinates with all BMT data staff and ensures secure, accurate and timely submission of CIBMTR /NMDP and other required data forms. Responsible for own productivity and quality assurance of forms submission. Maintains tracking system to provide reporting of current status of forms submission. Maintains knowledge of current data requirements and adapts current processes to ensure provision of required data.
- Works closely with coordinators’ office to ensure timely scheduling of post-transplant follow-up.
- Identifies key FACT and CIBMTR data fields, as appropriate, and flags the correlating source document in the patient’s record.
- Evaluates, identifies and suggests process/system changes in the daily operations to enhance effectiveness of the data department. Attends and reports at QA/QI meeting (as designee) on various quality indicators as directed by Clinical Data Manager. Assists with outcomes analysis on a regular basis.
What Will You Need:
- Associate’s degree in nursing or similar field.
- One to two years of bone marrow transplant experience.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Clinical Data Support RN uses his/her nursing education and background to implement, coordinate, and evaluate aspects of patient and program data for the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program to assist meeting the overall program goals and objectives, under the guidance of the Clinical Data Manager and the Associate Director. Areas of responsibility include gathering, analyzing and submitting of transplant specific data to the registry and clinical database. Uses his/her nursing experience to analyze and report patient engraftment data for clinical outcomes. Assists the Clinical Data Manager to provide accurate clinical and program data to senior leadership and the Center of Excellence Surveys, and for the presentation and analysis of Program Survival Statistics. Remains current and updated on expertise regarding the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)/National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) standards and requirements and provides such information to the BMT program leadership. Utilizes expertise to assist Clinical Data Manager, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met, including those for the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)/CIBMTR/NMDP.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.