Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Engineer I (CE1) provides clinical equipment services under the close supervision of management. Duties include, but are not limited to, validation and inspection of clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. The individual also performs planned maintenance inspections, calibrations, and repairs of general biomedical equipment. The CE1 assist other technicians in the troubleshooting and major repair of complex equipment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on general biomedical equipment
• Repair, install, and calibrate general biomedical equipment
• Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
• Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
• Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, naming conventions and service history
• Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
Department Relationship Management
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
• Adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
• Provide a positive representation of Clinical Engineering services by integrating the core
values into job performance
• Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
• Perform Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, nomenclature, and service history
• Make recommendations regarding inventory
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Associates degree or equivalent technical or military training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· 3 months experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Bio Medical
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042639
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23042639
Job Family: Bio Medical
Shift: 1 - Day