AdventHealth Clinical Pharmacy Manager FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Pharmacy Manager/Clinical - AdventHealth - Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Management
- Manages and oversees pharmacy practice programs, directs patient care services, and medication systems to provide reliable, comprehensive, and individualized drug therapy that is aligned with patient needs, evidence-based best practices, regulatory standards, and budgetary targets.
- Develops standards of performance to maximize staff roles in accordance with licensure.
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates staff performance in assigned pharmacy areas to ensure accuracy and quality of services, completion of all tasks, and mitigation and correction of deficiencies.
- Actively performs all pharmacist functions and maintains active proficiency in operational programs, dispensing and compounding activities, hospital computer systems and medication ordering systems, and established standard work parameters.
- Monitors pharmacy practice performance, patient care services, cost containment activities, and budgetary performance via objective parameters.
- Serves as a preceptor/educator for pharmacy residency and student experiential education programs, including maintaining proficiency in the four preceptor roles and active education/mentorship skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Three or more years of contemporary hospital pharmacy practice experience
- Current, valid State of Florida Pharmacist license
- PGY1 residency
- Leadership qualities essential to operate effectively within the institution, develop and conduct training programs, and advance the practice of pharmacy
Primary responsibility is the front-line management of clinical practice and direct leadership of Pharmacy Clinical Divisions, including decentralized pharmacy practice, medication use systems, and patient-centered pharmacy services provided to hospital strategic business units and related specialty patient care areas. Manages the integration of clinical pharmacy services, drug utilization programs, and pharmacy operations throughout the institution. Ensures medication use is aligned with evidence-based best practices and regulatory standards by directly managing medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcomes programs. Actively functions as a member of clinical pharmacy practice and interdisciplinary teams and proficiently delivers direct patient care, integrated operational services, pharmacist interventions, and medication therapy management to patients with a broad range of disease states. Directs the activities of pharmacists who work within assigned areas and oversees day-to-day staffing and pharmacist coverage of patient care service lines and care areas. Provides education to staff, develops and enforces institutional policies, and initiates development plans or corrective action as needed and in collaboration with other managers. Actively manages human, capital, and operational resources to collaboratively support patient care services, medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, and quality assurance programs throughout the Department of Pharmacy. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.