AdventHealth Clinical Social Worker FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Clinical Social Worker * AdventHealth Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Work Hours/Shift:*
- Full Time Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Advocates for the patient in obtaining and negotiating resources to meet patient needs, as necessary
- Interviews patients/families to complete a thorough and timely psycho-social assessment and to evaluate current support systems available to the patient and family. Completes assessments, per department standards, based upon information from multiple sources including the patient, family, nursing staff and physician as well as information discussed in multi-disciplinary rounds. Documented assessments confirm an understanding of the patient’s functional status and psycho-social needs.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to address barriers that may impact or delay the patient’s discharge plan. Works in collaboration with hospital and community agencies to obtain needed services and resources for patients/families/caregivers.
- Prepares for and participates in multi-disciplinary rounds on assigned nursing unit for the purpose of updating the team on the psycho-social needs and to identify potential social work referrals. Appropriately prioritizes cases according to assessed needs.
- Provides patient/family education, adjustment-to-illness counseling, grief counseling and crisis intervention. Provides education to patients/families/caregivers regarding resource options and coping with diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Ability to provide end of life support.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Master’s in Social Work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Registered clinical social work intern
- Experience in clinical counseling
- Experience in pediatrics
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- Registered Clinical Social Work Intern
Under the general supervision of the Director and/or Manager, in collaboration with the Case Manager, works with the patient/family, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies. The Social Worker-MSW utilizes expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psycho-social, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to assess patients for barriers that interfere with the attainment of healthcare goals. The Social Worker-MSW educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.