AdventHealth Clinical Technician PRN AdventHealth Centra Dr. Phillips in Orlando, Florida
Clinical Technician PRN- AdventHealth Centra Care- Dr. Phillips
Location: 8014 Conroy Windermere Rd., Ste. 104
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
Full time hours and Per Diem hours available; Rotating schedule, two days on, two days off (Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm), Split Fridays, alternate weekends (required to work every other weekend, hours are 8am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays), and some holidays
- Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
- Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
- Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or family Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
- Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
- May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
- Fire Fighter/Medic OR EMT Program OR
- Phlebotomy Program OR
- CNA OR
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Current, valid CPR certification is required
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Clinical Technician cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.