All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Pet Insurance*
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location : Remote
The community you’ll be caring for:
The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
The role you’ll contribute:
The Inpatient Coder is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting clinical documentation in the medical record, applying appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS coding conventions and MS-DRG Medicare Prospective Payment System requirements. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Reviews, analyzes, and interprets clinical documentation applying ICD-10 codes in accordance with ICD-10-CM rules and conventions, coding policy and procedures, requirements of Medicare/ payer specifications, and official coding guidelines as outlined by governing bodies. Evaluates and consider various DRG options and optimize them in accordance with UHDDS rules, official coding guidelines, regulatory agencies, and AH-approved policies.
· Verifies CAC codes and that assignment of diagnostic and procedure codes is based on and supported by the physician’s clinical documentation contained within the record.
· Effectively communicates with physicians and allied health personnel the need for comprehensive, accurate, timely clinical documentation.
· Discusses optimization and documentation issues with appropriate physicians and clinical personnel to ensure optimal coding and reimbursement, querying physicians for the clarification of discrepancies, additional diagnoses, complications, or co-morbid conditions present during the admission, on an as-needed basis.
· Applies ICD-10-CM/PCS codes, MS-DRG codes, Present on Admission codes, and patient status codes, with an understanding of how each is used and the impact the accuracy of the data has on mortality rates, clinical quality, reimbursement, internal scorecards, and key quality indicators.
· Utilizes a thorough understanding of the Official Coding Guidelines, Coding Clinic guidance, medical necessity, and coverage determinations.
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High school diploma and two years of coding education (medical coding certificate program or 2-year HIM program), including medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and pathophysiology coursework.
· Three or more (3+) years of inpatient hospital coding experience, including cases requiring specialized coding skills, such as cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, trauma surgery, neonatology, pediatrics, plastic and reconstruction surgery, bariatric surgery, cardiology, and other services and procedures provided in a tertiary care facility.
· RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CIC certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23031607
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $23.25 - $34.88
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23031607
Job Family: Health Information Management
Shift: 1 - Day