AdventHealth Compliance QA/QC Specialist -Radiation Safety in Orlando, Florida
Compliance – QA/QC Specialist - Radiation Safety -AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time
- Actively participates in the radiation safety program, as supervised and directed by the Chief Diagnostic Physicist/Radiation Safety Officer. This may include involvement with ALARA film badge program, I-131 clinical radiotherapy program, clinical audit program, shielding surveys, and regulatory compliance.
- Actively participates in developing new programs and technologies as directed by Chief Diagnostic Physicist/Radiation Safety Officer. This also includes Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Performs QA/QC testing of all imaging equipment throughout the facilities in support of the medical physicists and reports findings in an appropriate and timely manner as directed by the Chief Diagnostic Physicist/Radiation Safety Officer.
- Provides QA/QC and radiation safety consultation/education to physicians, staff and patients as needed.
- Participates in the quality assurance programs of departments served as needed, from supervision of technologists up to personally performing the tests.
- Associate’s degree in radiological technology
- Current active Florida State license – Nuclear Medicine or Radiologic Technology
- ARRT or CNMT
- QA/QC experience (Preferred)
- ARRT (QM) (Preferred)
Under the supervision of a licensed medical physicist, the Compliance – QA/QC Specialist provides QA/QC support for all departments using radiation within AdventHealth at or above the state of Florida and Federal requirements as well as meeting any national standards to ensure quality of care to patients and a safe work environment for staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.