All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth ( Campus) is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: Orlando FPC
The community you’ll be caring for:
Faith based & mission driven organization
Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
Positive working climate to support a work life balance
· Food Production – Produces high volume food items at the Food Production Center for delivery to site partners. Adheres to assigned daily production schedules and meets all deadlines and commitments. Follows recipes/instructions to ensure product accuracy including weighing and measuring ingredients. Keeps detailed records/logs of production amounts, food cooking temperatures, and food cooling temperatures.
· Quality – Ensures that all products meet quality standard for taste, appearance, and freshness.
· Safety & Sanitation – Utilizes exemplary sanitation, cleanliness, safety standards, and HACCP procedures that are necessary for serving the immunocompromised.
· Communication – Communicates status of work progress to supervisor and notifies if deadlines will be missed in a timely manner. Alerts supervisor when equipment, products, quality, safety, or accuracy issues arise.
· Compliance – Attends mandatory education, in-services, and team meetings, follows AH and Nutritional Services (NS) Policies & Procedures and SOPs, and works toward department goals and objectives.
· Equipment – Properly uses and works with industrial cook chill and food production equipment set up, cleaning, breakdown, and maintenance.
· Recipes –Ensures accuracy so products match CBORD portion, yield, ingredients, and nutritional information and reports variances to supervisor immediately. Orders all needed ingredients and stock in a timely manner to avoid delays in production.
· Food Safety – Ensures that all cold and hot food products are produced, cooled, and stored according to recipe specifications and proper procedures. Follows HACCP guidelines for food safety, monitors and records food temperatures, and completes all logs accurately and in a timely manner.
What You Will Need to Be Successful:
Ability to use a computer, mouse, keyboard, printer, and Microsoft operating systems, including Microsoft Office Suite
Culinary degree, OR
Two years’ high-volume food production experience, OR
At least 5 years’ experience in other food service
Positive and supportive attitude toward diverse employees
Positive attitude and courteous disposition
Bilingual in Spanish
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Guidelines
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Code
ServSafe Certification or equivalent
The Big Picture
The Cook/High Volume is responsible for preparation and production of all high-volume cook-chill foods and related items offered by the Food Production Center. They ensure that all food is produced according to recipe specifications using proper procedures, and that all products meet standards for quality, taste, appearance and freshness. The Cook/High Volume records product temperatures during cooking and cooling process, following Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards. They meet all production deadlines and practice cost conscious behaviors in all aspects. She/he adhere to all sanitation, safety, cleanliness and food storage standards. Actively participates in outstanding customer service.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23028465
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $15.419 - $19.31
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23028465
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day