AdventHealth CT Technologist - Weekends - Nights - East Orlando in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
CT Tech I - AdventHealth - East Orlando - FT Weekend Nights
Location Address: 7727 Lake Underhill Road
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time- 7p-7a Saturday and Sunday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlines in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs all exams using ADVENTHEALTH CT protocols. Uses ADVENTHEALTH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies. (Exam supervision and Administration)
- Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability)
- Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
- Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
What You Will Need:
- Florida State License- general radiographer
- ARRT – R
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of CT procedures
- Knowledge of CT scanners
- Ability to learn and grow with new technology
- Customer Service skills
- CT Safety including radiation protection
- AS or BS degree in Radiological Technology
- Prior CT experience on GE CT scanners
- Prior CT experience
- General computer skills and PACS
- Basic IV competency
- General physics and anatomy
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of ADVENTHEALTH parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.