CT TECHNOLOGIST - ADVENTHEALTH EAST ORLANDO - PRN
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : VARIBLE
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
• A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
• Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of AdventHealth parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior AdventHeath’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
· Performs all CT exams using AH CT protocols. Uses AH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. (Exam supervision and Administration)
· Completes CT exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability)
· Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
· Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on magnets within ACR guidelines. Duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
· Reviews all images of all CT exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result. (Image Quality and Documentation)
· Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS. (Data Processing)
· Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on teams as asked. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed. (Performance Improvement)
· Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Listens and is responsible for knowing content. (Department Meeting Attendance)
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth LOCATION
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs all exams using AdventHealth CT protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam.
Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result.
Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on workstation or PACS.
Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Florida State License- general radiographer
ARRT – R
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
AS or BS degree in Radiological Technology (Preferred)
Prior CT experience on GE CT scanners (Preferred)
Prior CT experience (Preferred)
ARRT - CT (Preferred)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004504
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $38.18 - $38.18
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 24004504
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day