AdventHealth CVICU Clinical Nurse Educator FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Nurse Educator AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
- Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units’/departments’, campuses’ and system’s initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
- Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master of Science degree
- Prior experience as a nurse educator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
- Certification in clinical or educator specialty
- Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.