AdventHealth Cytotechnologist FT/Days in Orlando, Florida
Cytotechnologist - AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time/ Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM (Saturday Rotation)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs analytical activities related to microscopic evaluation and reporting of negative gynecological thin layer slide preparations, microscopic evaluation and formulation of an opinion for the pathologist of abnormal gynecological thin layer, non-gynecological, and fine needle aspiration slide preparations.
- Performs assigned pre-and post-analytical activities related to tests assigned, including specimen collection and processing, quality control, equipment maintenance, inventory control, quality assurance, and proficiency testing procedures.
- Performs and results molecular testing and/or ancillary testing from the ThinPrep vials and correlates with morphologic findings.
- May assist in collection of data for research or publication of papers. Ability to read and evaluate published professional literature.
- Supports Cytopreparatory Technicians and Clinical Laboratory staff by providing leadership and mentoring, including resolution to customer service issues within guidelines.
- Supports cross-departmental partnerships and communication amongst Pathologists, Pathologists’ Assistants, hospital staff and clients taking immediate steps to correct, follow through and report any mistakes or errors to department manager or assistant manager.
- Associate’s degree in Biological Sciences
- Successful completion of a 12-month Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Cytotechnology program
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Cytology Technologist
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biological Sciences (Preferred)
- One year of experience in a hospital laboratory setting (Preferred)
- Certified as a Cytotechnologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a CT (ASCP) or International Academy of Cytology (Preferred)
The Cytotechnologist performs anatomical pathology procedures as licensed. Requires the exercise of independent judgement under minimum supervision. Work customarily involves procedures, which require a high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge, and expertise in licensed area(s).
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.