AdventHealth Director Medical Staff Orlando FT in Orlando, Florida
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time 8a ? 5p, M-F
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Plans, organizes, and directs a centralized, comprehensive credentialing program for the system?s medical staff and allied health practitioners.
- Directs the design, implementation and management of an objective, criteria-based clinical privileging system, and other competency processes such as proctoring, provisional evaluations, and matters related to appointment, in accordance with the hospital?s medical staff bylaws, policies, and rules and regulations.
- Maintains expert knowledge of current Medical Staff Bylaws, Policies, Rules and Regulations in order to interpret and proactively formulate, recommend, and implement changes to facilitate compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies, medical staff law, and reflect current best practice.
- Controls and directs the administrative support of all governance documents. Ensures that all documents are compliant and current. Protects permanent records by managing a secure record retention process.
- Directs and facilitates the administrative interface between the medical staff leaders and hospital administration, in matters that require cooperation, and assures that relevant actions and information are communicated to the Executive Committee and Board of Directions who retain responsibility for oversight. Also between the medical staff and hospital departments to assure and enhance effective communication and relationships.
- Bachelor?s degree in health services related field, and/or
- Bachelor?s degree in Health Services Administration
- Master?s degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in an acute care facility medical staff services environment with responsibility for the management of 1,000 plus healthcare professionals.
- Management experience of a multi-entity healthcare system
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certified Professional Medical Staff Management?certification must be maintained.
- Membership in the National Association of Medical Staff Services
- Membership in the Florida Association of Medical Staff Services
The Director manages the functions required to support the system-wide medical staff organization at Florida Hospital. Ensures that the activities of the medical staff organization meet all internal requirements (bylaws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures) while ensuring compliance with external accreditation standards, state and federal laws and Medicare Conditions of Participation. This includes, but is not limited to, management of activities associated with practitioner competency, medical staff operations, meeting and event management, data base management, compliance matters and legal issues by successfully utilizing the principles of balance and stewardship. Works and consults with medical staff leaders, senior management and legal counsel to fulfill the mission and goals of Florida Hospital. Promotes teamwork by personally adopting principles of caring and integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.