AdventHealth Director of Nursing Pediatrics Administration FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Director of Nursing - Pediatrics Adminsitration - AdventHealth for Children
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Clinical Nursing Knowledge – Is able to articulate clinical knowledge related to the care of assigned patient areas. Provides clinical expertise or is able to resource clinical expertise as needed.
- Leadership Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Possesses the critical thinking skills necessary to address ideas, beliefs, or viewpoints of others and lead others in the appropriate direction. Demonstrates reflective leadership and realizes that leadership begins from within.
- Develop and Mentor/Professionalism – Is able to identify, develop, and mentor others in order for them to meet their fullest potential at the organization. Maintains a high level of professionalism in order to be seen as a role model for the nursing staff.
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Professional Standards – Demonstrates an organizational knowledge of all regulatory and professional standards that effect the operations of their areas of responsibility.
- Business/Human Resources Skills – Demonstrates the ability to understand and apply financial and human resource concepts of the organization.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) required at time of hire/promotion
- Minimum two years progressive management experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) highly preferred
- Master’s degree in related field
- Minimum of five years experience in nursing with two years’ experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care entity
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area(s) of specialty
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- National certification in nursing specialty
The Director of Nursing is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients of specific age groups identified by the standards of care. The Director of Nursing assures evaluation of outcomes that promote high quality practice delivery in assigned patient areas. The Director of Nursing provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization. The Director of Nursing interacts with staff, and contributes to the professional development of the leadership team in her areas of responsibility, leadership peers, and other colleagues. The Director of Nursing collaborates as needed with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders in relation to the delivery of quality care. The Director of Nursing acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety. The Director of Nursing accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients in their assigned areas and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities. The Director of Nursing promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes. The Director of Nursing develops both unit activities that support the elements of extending excellence. Is knowledge of and adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the Director of Nursing actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.