AdventHealth Director Oncology Partnership & New Markets Cancer Institute FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Director Oncology Partnerships & New Markets - AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time, M-F, 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Director of Partnerships and New Markets, has responsibility for building synergistic relationships with other Florida- and Multi-State Division oncology service-line leaders. Responsibility for partnerships will include planning, advising, executing, managing, and expanding across the Division and corporation, as applicable. The Director will also manage partner relationship dynamics, close strategic opportunities, and multiyear deals. Where applicable, the Director will have responsibility for operationalizing strategies and tactics to fully realize strategic ventures. With relation to partnerships, the Director will be responsible for developing metrics, tracking outcomes/compliance, and holding parties accountable to performance.
As the organization expands into new markets, the Director will form key relationships and lead efforts to: 1) assess current state of oncology services within the new market, 2) analyze market intelligence, and 3) lead efforts to execute strategic plans.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related area or 10 years of applicable work experience
Five (5) years of healthcare experience
Three (3) years of management experience
Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related area (Preferred)
Progressive healthcare leadership experience in a hospital system, ambulatory facilities and employed/private physician practice settings (Preferred)
S COPE OF R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Develops teams to execute strategic plan for cancer programs in existing and new markets. As applicable, partners with inpatient oncology nursing, laboratory, pharmacy, pathology, revenue cycle, and imaging to provide connected care to patients.
· Develops relationships with key customers. Provides leadership that fosters collegial relations among matrix departments, staff, physicians, and business partners to ensure quality service.
· Oversees new facility planning and construction to ensure timelines are met.
· Informs development of effective marketing strategies for consumers and physicians.
· Oversees program expansion into target market through development and implementation of affiliate/network/physician strategies.
C OMPLIANCE/ R EGULATORY R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Accountable for assuring compliance and providing evidence of performance with Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and other regulatory requirements specific to area of responsibility.
· Adheres to applicable practice standards specific to area of responsibility.
O PERATING & C APITAL B UDGET/ F INANCIAL R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Ensures that all departments within scope of responsibility operate within allocated budget.
· Implements financial strategies to provide effective fiscal management of cancer programs under the Director’s direct control. Participates in preparation of operating and capital budgets.
S TRATEGIC P LANNING R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems, and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies, supporting organizational initiatives.
· Drives business development and competitive strategies.
P ERFORMANCE I MPROVEMENT R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Acts as a change agent, utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change. Participates in and leads various committees.
· Monitors and reports program metrics to ensure goals are met. Maintains appropriate scorecards.
· Assures compliance with campus initiatives and serves on hospital committees when requested.
C OMMUNITY R ELATIONS R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Participates on local, state, national, and/or international community boards related to oncology.
· Lead enhancement of physician representation at significant society and association meetings for the advancement of clinical approaches and government relations.
· Provides leadership oversight and support to Institute programs for local, national, and internationally hosted events.
S TAFFING/ L ABOR/ S UPERVISORY R ESPONSIBILITY :
· Identifies employment requirements, functions, tasks and job specifications for positions within reporting structure rollup. Assesses job candidates’ skills and experience and selects top talent in accordance with needs. Identifies future skill sets needed to maintain organizational competitiveness.
· Oversees overall staffing for assigned area. Ensures staffing is effective and efficient and promotes core values. Assures that staff is representative of the population diversity through oversight of recruitment, selection and retention of personnel. Ensures that staff are actively engaged in decisions within their scope of practice.
· Plans and develops a complete succession plan for rollup up to and including own position. Identifies high performing staff and works with Leadership Development and Talent Management to groom staff to meet succession plan timelines and curriculum. Actively mentors’ others into the leadership role throughout the timeline. Reviews succession plan at least annually and during performance review period.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.