AdventHealth Donation Advocate Translife FT Days in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Donation Advocate - AdventHealth - Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, 10 – 24-hour call shifts per month, 2 weekends per month required.
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Participates in the TransLife morning call to review daily activity and review family care information or issues with patients where a donation approach may be imminent. Monitors donor referrals, reviews family dynamics and serves as the lead in developing a plan for the donation discussion.
- Responds to any donation service area (DSA) hospital when directed by an OPC team leader, family services manager or director for any potential organ/tissue donor to provide emotional support to families facing the death of a loved one. Performs an on-site assessment of the hospital and family dynamics to evaluate the optimal donation approach process.
- Rounds on actual or potential organ and tissue donor patients to ensure there are no changes requiring a response by the TransLife organ procurement coordinator (OPC). Effectively communicates with Pastoral Care, Social Work and other social services entities at the donor hospital to ensure good emotional care for the patient’s family prior to the donation discussion.
- Acts as a resource for the TransLife OPC staff for issues or questions surrounding organ and tissue donation discussions.
- Effectively communicates with Pastoral Care, Social Work and other support services professionals prior to donation discussions and ongoing to ensure family psycho-social needs are met. Effectively works with the TransLife OPC staff and Hospital Services staff to ensure excellent care for the family and exceptional customer service to hospital partners during a donation event.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Health Sciences, Counseling, or related field
- Two years of relevant experience in a field such as Organ Donation, Psychology, Social Work or Counseling.
- Strong assessment and crisis intervention skills.
- Thorough knowledge of dynamics of grief and bereavement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The flexibility of on-call duties, extended hours and travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Health Sciences, Counseling or related field.
- Five years of previous hospital experience in a trauma or critical care setting.
- Five years of experience with families making end-of-life decisions.
- Five years of pastoral or hospice care experience.
- Five years of bereavement counseling experience.
- Previous teaching/coaching experience
The Donation Advocate (DA) works with the organ and tissue recovery and hospital services team members as an onsite resource providing emotional support to families facing the death of a loved one. The DA will enhance the quality of end of life care that TransLife provides by supporting the family through the acute loss, discussing with the legally authorized party (LAP) about donation options in both registered and unregistered cases, facilitating the donation authorization and Uniform Donor Risk Assessment Interview (UDRAI) and providing continued care thorough the organ and tissue donation process. The DA collaborates with the organ recovery staff to offer meaningful interactions and interventions to families in crisis and to discuss donation options in an empathetic and compassionate manner that is respectful of cultural and religious beliefs. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.