AdventHealth ED Advanced Care Technician II FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Advanced Care Technician II AdventHealth Lake Nona
Location Address: 10080 Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Lak Nona
- The AdventHealth Lake Nona Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth East Orlando Campus.
- The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents of East Orange County open 24-7.
- The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care supported by ground and/or air transportation if specialty care is needed.
- We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
- Full Time Days 3, 12’s 7am – 7pm
- Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
- Inserts peripheral IV’s, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
- Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
- Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of a paramedic program, LPN (if hired prior to 3/31/14), or registered nurse program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Monitor Tech cross-training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (if hired prior to 03/31/14) OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability – up to 120 days) OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License – up to 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.