YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
E xecutive Director, Hospitalist Medicine and Observation AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time - Days
What you will be responsible for:
The Executive Director, Hospitalist Medicine and Observation leads the Department of Hospitalist Medicine and the Observation Unit Service Line programs across AdventHealth Central Florida Division- South Region Acute Care Services.
The Executive Director is accountable for design, development and execution of the Hospitalist Medicine strategy influencing both physician and clinical operations.
This position actively drives strategy implementation, operational efficiency, process flow and continuous improvement.
This leader will lead and evolve strategies based on an analysis of industry and organizational data trends to improve our care delivery model, enhance the physician/nurse relationship, and provide leadership in the communication and implementation of organizational goals. In addition, this leader will work in partnership with multidisciplinary service line programs and leadership teams that are integral in the delivery of patient care to grow the program.
Leads matrix teams including all levels of clinical staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and key organizational stakeholders.
The Executive Director will serve to accelerate collaboration and innovation while leveraging subject matter expertise to drive positive outcomes.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Accountable for financial management of the Department of Hospitalist Medicine budget, including Hospitalist Inpatient and Observation payments, which comprises 75%+ of CFD-S total admissions.
• Leads the growth and development of the Hospitalist Medicine team in alignment with the Hospitalist Inpatient and Observation Patient service line goals and strategies.
• Develops and manages annual Hospitalist contracts and budgeting for Inpatient and Observation in alignment with Federal and State regulations. Proactively ensures compensation is within AdventHealth guidelines and contracts are executed in a timely manner.
• Leverages outside consultants and Legal counsel in collaboration with AH Legal as needed.
• Accountable for the strategic direction, quality, performance improvement and enterprise-directed initiatives for the Hospitalist Medicine Program adhering to all state and federal regulations in scope of work.
• Evaluates innovative models of care delivery involving multidisciplinary teams and facilitates strategic planning to support growth and develop of program builds.
• Responsible for the engagement and performance outcomes of Hospitalist physicians against 22 Quality Process and Outcome metrics to meet CMS, Leap Frog and 5 Star ratings as a health system.
• Accountable for building a metric-driven philosophy based on a high performing, quality integrated, improved patient experience. Builds and fosters Hospital Medicine relationships with Primary Care Physicians, Skilled Nursing Facility and other post-acute settings developing accountability measures that drive exceptional clinical outcomes.
• Determines and establishes success metrics for Hospitalist Medicine program in collaboration with senior clinical leadership, campus administrators, physician leaders and corporate partners.
• Leads quarterly metric reviews with senior leadership, physician leaders and clinical support staff.
• Engages the team in monitoring comprehensive results. Meets monthly with Chief Hospitalist/Group Lead at each campus to review site performance, identify opportunities and barriers.
• Facilitates Hospitalists onboarding and ongoing education to ensure implementation of hospital SOPs, medical management of patients and multidisciplinary teamwork. Includes the development of necessary education courses and CME materials to improve performance by all Hospitalist team members.
• Works in collaboration with Med Staff, AIT and other key stakeholders to build effective communication pathways to all Hospitalists across CFD-South.
Leverage’s communication channels to provide information and updates on key program or process implementations as well as solicit feedback on said programs or implementations as appropriate.
• Directs Med Staff team to interpret and utilize data to create action plans which drive Hospitalist performance in partnership with the Clinical Performance Committee of the Medical Staff.
• Analyze market trends and organizational data to develop strategic plans to improve the nurse and physician relationship elevating the AdventHealth clinical culture and performance.
• Collaborates with all campus Administrators, Chief Nursing Officers (CNO), Chief Medical Officers (CMO), CEOs and COOs and other applicable Medical Directors to identify, implement and evaluate process and practices related to scope of role including accountability to established metrics.
• Leads in the development of the strategic plan for Hospitalist Services, engaging with business development, physician recruitment, physicians, and service line and/or campus leadership. Leads the planning for future organizational needs related to Hospitalist Services.
• Serves as subject matter expert to guide and inform local, market, division and enterprise-wide Corporate Hospitalist Medicine Strategy
• Works closely with care management, both acute care and ambulatory care to improve the connected care of our patients in a streamlined and efficient manner.
• Actively leads, develops, and participates in performance improvement activities related to nurse practice, nurse retention, and nurse/physician experience.
• Analyzes and appropriately responds to academic and/or community changes or opportunities for collaboration related to academic and community partnerships.
• Matrix manages Hospitalist support team including RN's, campus coordinators and other support staff in partnership with CNOs at each location.
• Actively participates in Hospital Medicine budget planning at the campus and regional level.
• Analyze and facilitate standardization of workforce as it relates to labor needs across the region.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
• Ability to lead and engage physicians, executives, clinical and non-clinical teams while executing consistent results
• Ability to collaborate across departmental lines, establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage a complex environment with multiple constituents
• Proven knowledge of finance, cost control, productivity, and metric results
• Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and mentor others to their optimum levels of skill and professionalism
• Demonstrates strong program development acumen
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff and especially with physicians
• Effective computer skills such as Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience leading a Hospitalist group or department
• Knowledge of Hospital Medicine landscape and market forces driving the hospitalist model of care
• Knowledge of process improvement methodology and/or LEAN-SIX SIGMA for Healthcare training
What you will need:
• Three (3) years' leadership experience in hospital operations
• Five (5) years' experience in financial management, human resources management, organizational governance, quality management or related field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master's Degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: • Clinical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED: LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Fellow in Hospitalist Medicine obtained from Society of Hospital Medicine
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Matrix responsibility for Hospitalists and Hospitalist Support Team in partnership with CNOs and CMOs at each campus.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear.
We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE I make safety my number one priority. I protect privacy and confidentiality. I keep my environment clean. I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
LOVE ME I treat others with uncommon compassion. I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health. I treat others with fairness and respect. I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY I help guests to their destination. I speak highly of others to provide connected care. I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses. I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
OWN IT I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations. I follow through on commitments. I use discretion with personal devices. I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank) Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Code of Conduct as outlined in the "Guidelines for Employees" handbook Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits.
Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks. Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.).
Can demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel.
This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
Business Acumen Using one's knowledge of economic, financial, market, and industry trends to understand and improve individual, work group, and/or organizational results; using one's understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization's position to contribute to effective business strategies and/or tactics.
Collaboration Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships. Communication Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listens actively to others.
Continuous Improvement Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Decision Making Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Driving for Results Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
Execution Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics. Global Acumen Demonstrating an understanding of the international economic, social, cultural, technological, legal, and political trends that impact the organization's ability to compete globally; leveraging own understanding of the organization's global strategy, global business trends, and unique regional differences to adjust approach to enhance business unit and organizational results.
Influencing Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
Leading Through Vision and Values Keeping the organization's vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 22001814
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.