Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
Coordinates, initiates, and maintains all clinical affiliations for all clinical sites and nurse anesthesia graduate students. Schedules, monitors, and evaluates the efficacy and thoroughness of the clinical experience. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Prepare first year nurse anesthesia students for their first clinical experience with a 2-3 day presentation including lecture/presentation with written/digital expectations from the program.
· Explain and demonstrate Typhon requirements to students. Continuously manage and reinforce with students. Perform monthly Typhon audits for accuracy and work with students to correct inaccuracies or deficiencies.
· Provide education to students on how to enter case and conference logs in Typhon.
· Manage case requirements for students to ensure adequate case variety across clinical sites.
· Teach students how to assign cases to care plans and perform weekly audits to ensure they are assigning care plans to actual cases and review each care plan with comments and return to students in a timely manner.
· Review set up of room: machine check, drugs, intubation.
· Review clinical hours for each facility by regularly auditing clinical time logs.
· Review student’s appearance for clinicals.
· Explain behavior and professional expectation to students.
· Perform weekly visits and perform audits on student’s entered cases to ensure accuracy and completeness.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of COA and NBCRNA case requirements for each nurse anesthesia graduate student.
· Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with college administration, faculty, staff and others internal and external to the University.
· Organizational, time management and administrative skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Doctorate prepared CRNA (DNP or DNAP)
· Minimum 2 years CRNA experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous teaching experience or Clinical coordinator experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· NBCRNA certification.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· FL state license APRN and RN
· AANA member
· FANA member
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Teaching Faculty
Organization: AdventHealth University
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038132
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $61.746 - $92.619
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23038132
Job Family: Teaching Faculty
Shift: 1 - Day