AdventHealth Faculty Nursing Assistant Professor (Medical/Surgical) - AdventHealth University in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Faculty Nursing Assistant Professor – AdventHealth University
Location Address: 671 WINYAH DRIVE, Orlando FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth University
- Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values.
Work Hours/Shift: FT/Days
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with AHU’s “Four Words” of Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship as well as AdventHealth’s Performance Standards of “Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.”
- Provide course syllabi for instruction.
- Develop, Design and Deliver Instruction in assigned courses.
- Participate in Student Advising and Mentoring.
- Formulate and administer, as needed, student competencies.
- Engage in the academic roles of teaching, service, scholarship and research.
- Grade examinations and assignments and review evaluations with students.
- Review and assist with revisions as needed for department policies and procedures.
- Identify and recommend to department chair appropriate community agency linkages for student learning experiences.
- Makes appropriate clinical assignments
- Conducts student orientation to the clinical site
- Supervises students in the clinical setting in the application of theory to practice.
- Participates with the team to plan theory and clinical content of the course.
- Documents areas of concern and prescribes appropriate process for remediation.
- Evaluates learning resources such as reference material, audio/visual aids, computer assisted learning programs, and library acquisitions.
- Continue to develop as a faculty member of the university through advanced studies,
research and writing.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work in both a face-to-face and online teaching environment.
- Knowledge of computer based academic delivery systems.
- Ability to work with an ethnically diverse student body.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution or have made significant progress toward such a degree. The Master’s degree or the graduate coursework must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment.
- At least two years of effective college-level work in the area of academic or professional expertise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Doctoral degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution. The degree must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- State Licensure is required in the clinical discipline in which the faculty member teaches.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
The Assistant Professor is a respected member of the University faculty and has begun to serve as a mentor to colleagues and students. Appointment as Assistant Professor signifies demonstrated competence as an educator with a promise of excellence, competence in professional service, and evidence of promise in scholarship. Supervises clinical students in the clinical environment, which might include hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, nursing homes or homecare., homeless shelters and doctor’s offices. The Assistant Professor participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.