AdventHealth Faculty Occupational Therapy Asst. Professor (Academic Fieldwork Coordinator) - AHU FT/Days in Orlando, Florida
Faculty Occupational Therapy Assistant Professor - AdventHealth University
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with the “Four Words” Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship
- Provide course syllabi for instruction.
- Develop, Design and Deliver Instruction in assigned courses.
- Participate in Student Advising and Mentoring.
- Formulate and administer, as needed, student competencies.
- Engage in the academic roles of teaching, service, scholarship and research.
- Grade examinations and assignments and review evaluations with students.
- Review and assist with revisions as needed for department policies and procedures.
- Identify and recommend to department chair appropriate community agency linkages for student learning experiences.
- Participation in University committee work as assigned
- Documents areas of concern and prescribes appropriate process for remediation.
- Evaluates learning resources such as reference material, audio/visual aids, computer assisted learning programs, and library acquisitions.
- Continue to develop as a faculty member of the university through advanced studies,
- research and writing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work in both a face-to-face and online teaching environment.
- Knowledge of computer based academic delivery systems.
- Ability to work with a diverse student body and team.
- Cooperatively work as a team member
- Effective writing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited academic institution. The Master’s degree or the graduate coursework must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment.
- At least two years of effective university-level teaching or a doctorate degree in the area of academic or professional expertise.
The Assistant Professor is a respected member of the University faculty and has begun to serve as a mentor to colleagues and students. Appointment as Assistant Professor signifies demonstrated competence as an educator with a promise of excellence, competence in professional service, and evidence of promise in scholarship. The Assistant Professor participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.