AdventHealth Health Unit Coordinator M/S Unit 2E East Orlando Full-Time Day in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Health Unit Coordinator - AdventHealth East Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- Full Time/Day 3/12's 7a-7p including every other weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Identifies, prioritizes and transcribes all types of physician orders by completing the patient Kardex, proper care map, making out necessary requisitions.
- Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart forms, computer and electronic record.
- Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area upon medication arrival to the floor.
- Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission, transfer and discharge.
- Posts pertinent patient data timely.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations
- Interacts with patients appropriate to age, acuity and culture.
What You Will Need:
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Course
- OR recent hospital experience or similar experience as a Health Unit Coordinator; such as medical office or outpatient clinic.
- OR degrees or certification in: Biomedical Science, Health Education, Healthcare Administration, Integrated Health Science, Psychology, Sociology, Completed 1st clinical semester of nursing program, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
PREFERRED LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION :
- NAHUC Certification
The Health Unit Coordinator under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse, performs general non-clinical duties and specific services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures in the nursing department and hospital administration.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.