AdventHealth Health Unit Coordinator PCU Thoracic Pulmonary Orlando Full-Time Night in Orlando, Florida
Health Unit Coordinator - AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Full Time/Night 3/12's 7p-7a every other weekend
- Identifies, prioritizes and transcribes all types of physician orders by completing the patient Kardex, proper care map, making out necessary requisitions.
- Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart forms, computer and electronic record.
- Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area upon medication arrival to the floor.
- Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission, transfer and discharge.
- Posts pertinent patient data timely.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations
- Interacts with patients appropriate to age, acuity and culture.
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Course
- OR recent hospital experience or similar experience as a Health Unit Coordinator; such as medical office or outpatient clinic.
- OR degrees or certification in: Biomedical Science, Health Education, Healthcare Administration, Integrated Health Science, Psychology, Sociology, Completed 1st clinical semester of nursing program, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
- NAHUC Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.