AdventHealth Inventory Control Par Tech Supply Cart Support FT Variable in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Manages time and equipment effectively, performs and assigns activities related to maintaining a clean, safe and efficient environment, compliant with DNV regulations. Inspects package integrity and rotates stock to reduce expiration of products. Adheres to routine cleaning and inspection schedules for all inventory locations. Completes daily responsibilities; according, to established procedures.
- Responsibilities include inventory reconciliation, generating requisitions for special orders, and ordering select stock items. Tracks and receives special and stock items along with restocking designated inventory areas; researches status of open orders as necessary.
- Tags and registers high-spend items into point of use (POU) or RFID system(s) as applicable. Manages inventory by adjusting par levels when necessary and manage accuracy of bin locations and cost center expense codes.
- May work with clinical systems to charge patients, synchronize data, and/or perform inventory management functions
- Generates and validates reports for the purpose of maintaining PAR levels ensuring accuracy and completeness.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
- Skilled in applying inventory and materials handling concepts and knowledge of mathematical problems
- Ability to work with each department’s leaders to facilitate the flow of supplies to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electric keyboards and other peripheral devices
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and work with job tools such as bar-code scanners, materials management systems, printers, and RFID readers
- Ability to manage stress and handle challenging situations in a highly technical, fast paced, high volume procedural areas
- Experience with a materials management acquisition/procurement system
- Experience with one or more inventory management systems
The Inventory Control Par Technician is responsible for assisting and supporting departments with their par cart supply and materials functions. Responsibilities include inventory reconciliation, generating requisitions for special orders, and ordering select stock items. Tracks and receives special and stock items along with restocking designated inventory areas; research status of open orders as necessary. Tags and registers high-spend items into point of use (POU) or RFID system(s) as applicable. Manages inventory by adjusting par levels when necessary and manage accuracy of bin locations and cost center expense codes. May work with clinical systems to charge patients, synchronize data, and/or perform inventory management functions. The Inventory Control Par Technician generates, and reviews reports and data related to supplies and expense charges to ensure accuracy and completeness. The position contributes to the development and execution of action plans for supply cost savings and management. Effectively and expeditiously communicates changes in inventory or incidences of unavailable inventory to the supply chain and/or clinical teams. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.