AdventHealth Licensed Clinical Social Worker FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Licensed Clinical Social Worker * AdventHealth Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32804
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Work Hours/Shift:*
• Full Time, Monday – Friday. 8:30am – 5:00pm
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Performs psycho-social assessments on patients and families and provides psychotherapy to patients and families coping with medical issues
- Maintains comprehensive community resources and networks to assist patients and families as they transition back to the community
- Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team in establishing/documenting psycho-social determinants to attainment of safe discharges
- Serves as a consultant and educator to the multi-disciplinary team regarding the psycho-social components of illness, disability and hospitalization.
- Provides patients with end-of-life support and advance directives. Performs crisis intervention as clinically indicated
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Two years’ experience in clinical social work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Experience in Acute Care hospital
- Experience working with medically complex children and their families
- Experience in providing psychotherapy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current active State of Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a key member of the healthcare team working with patients and their families to help manage the difficulties of a hospital stay. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker utilizes professional social work skills to assess patients for psycho-social and economic barriers that interfere with the attainment of healthcare goals. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker works closely with the care managers, physicians, Nursing staff, spiritual support and Child Life experts to advocate for the patients and families with counseling services, crisis intervention, stress management, patient and parent coping, bereavement, abuse and neglect issues and continuity of care. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.