All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : 8:30am-5pm
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, ORLANDO 32803
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Orlando
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute: The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs, funding sources and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special assistance programs and agencies, and/or require assistance with transitions of care or discharge planning. In addition, offer crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of a discharge plan of care for high-risk patient populations. This role will receive referrals for individuals from at-risk populations from interdisciplinary team members (including physicians, RN Care Managers, staff nurses, and other members of the care team). The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, , in collaboration with the patient/family, care manager nurses, nurses, physicians and the interdisciplinary team, ensures patient-centered care coordination through the continuum of care. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, ensures efficient and cost-effective care through appropriate resources monitoring and clinical care escalations. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, is under the general supervision of the Care Management Supervisor or Manager and is responsible for patient evaluations of post-hospital needs; development of a transition of care plans and initiation of the implementation of the transitions of care plans prior to the discharge of the patient. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, is responsible for optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety, readmission prevention and length of stay management. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, communicates daily with the interdisciplinary team during daily multidisciplinary rounds. Care coordination, discharge planning, transitions of care planning and are core competencies of this role. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, facilitates the collaborative management of patient care across the continuum, intervening to remove barriers to timely and efficient care delivery and reimbursement. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, provides education to nurses, physicians and the interdisciplinary team on issues related to utilization of resources, medical necessity, CMS CoP for Discharge Planning and care coordination. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, is knowledgeable of post-hospital care and services available to the patient including, but not limited to the following: Home Health, Infusion Services, Durable Medical Equipment, Palliative Care, Hospice, Outpatient Services, Transitions of Care Clinics, Transitional Care supportive programs and clinics, follow up appointments, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Rehabilitation Services and Facilities and Community-based Organizations. The Clinical Social Worker, Licensed, adheres to departmental and system goals, objectives, policies and procedures and ensures quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Psychosocial Assessment and Interventions
· Receives referrals for psychosocial complex needs from the health care team
· Provides assessment and reporting interventions in child abuse/neglect, domestic violence, adult/elderly abuse, child protection, sexual assault, and human trafficking as appropriate
· Provides consult services for patients who may possibly lack decision making capacity. Follows the guardianship (temporary/ permanent) policies and procedures and coordinates with Care Management leadership throughout the process
· Provides consult services for foster care and adoptions.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Masters in Social Work (MSW)
· Minimum five (5) years experience in hospital/medical social work
· Clinical Social Worker License
· Care Management discharge planning experience
· Knowledge of state and federal guidelines pertinent to care management
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039888
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $27.77 - $41.65
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23039888
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day