AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Licensed Practical Nurse – AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of our Orlando campus!
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time 7a – 7p
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Assists with physician exams and data gathering. Participates in obtaining a nursing history.
- Performs physical exam on admission and throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials.
- Performs and legibly documents basic nursing procedures and medication administration
- Collaborates with RN and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Interprets diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Recognizes and reports problems.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training and education of new personnel.
- Graduate of a school of practical nursing.
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS Certification
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (Preferred)
- Specialty Certification (Preferred)
The Licensed Practical Nurse gives direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a professional nurse and performs routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Approaches patient care using the nursing process of planning, implementing and evaluating outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.