AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse OBGYN Orlando in Orlando, Florida
License Practical Nurse - AdventHealth Medical Group OBGYN at Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Assists with rooming patients for appointments. Obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Documents accurately on progress note.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
- Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients anticipating physician needs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an Approved School of Practical/Vocational Nursing
- 1 year medical office experience preferred
- Must be willing to float to other AHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Current, valid Florida State Board of Nursing, Practical Nurse License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
The LPN, under the direction of the Office manager and/or Clinical Supervisor, provides nursing care to patients. Assists in patient education. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician. Maintains equipment, medications and work environment to the standards outlined in the FHMG Policy and Procedure manual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.