All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location : 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean, and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Care Management Manager is under the general leadership of the Care Management Facility Director and has the responsibility of the departmental daily operations and supervision of team members.
The Care Management Manager is responsible for, but not limited to: Coordination of Care, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, Social Services implementation of processes based upon data management, accountability for Length of Stay, Excess Days, Avoidable Days, Readmission Prevention, and Discharge Planning. In addition, the Care Management Manager is responsible for department engagement, customer experience, compliance of regulatory standards, and employee evaluations. The Care Management Manager supports professional and collaborative relationships with the Interdisciplinary Team to sustain process improvement and attain hospital metrics.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
● Supports the daily operations of the Care Management department (both Inpatient and Emergency Department settings). Implements Corporate Care Management strategies, Implements strategies with a focus on customer experience. Ensures documentation compliance of the Care Management department (Discharge Planning Evaluation, IMM, MOON, Patient Choice, etc.). Identifies and utilizes resources to support information sharing amongst staff
○ Actively participates in daily Multidisciplinary Rounds ensuring staff participation on their assigned units to discuss transition of the patient to the post-acute setting and barriers to the plan. Assures staff documentation is completed per guidelines as evidenced by appropriate monitoring techniques, coaches’ staff as needed. Assures patients are routinely assessed for post-hospital needs and documentation occurs within 1 calendar day of patient admission, Advocates and escalates pace of care delays
● Assures discharge plans are developed in collaboration with patient, family caregivers, care team and payor. Assures effective discharge planning to meet patient needs, meet regulatory requirements and achieve organization objectives related to readmission reduction. Supports implementation of processes as directed by system for identification of at-risk populations and acquires necessary resources/services to improve patients' chances of successful self-management.
○ Seeks opportunities for improvement in quality of care/services. Reports pertinent quality/risk issues to appropriate individuals, departments and/or committees in a timely manner. Participates on performance improvement teams as appropriate. Monitors and documents activities ongoing to substantiate the effectiveness of care management activities to achieve compliance with external agencies
● Assists in the development and oversees the implementation of Care Management policies, procedures, and standards. Plans, organizes, and delegates activities as required for safe, efficient and effective operations of the unit/area including active participation with other hospital and leadership staff to accomplish this purpose. Holds regular staff meetings; and encourages staff to share information and participate in decision making. Maintains excellent professional relationships with facility and divisional leadership. Communicates and collaborates across the Care Management team in the areas of data and information management, performance improvement, care coordination, care transition management, medication management, and social services
● Monitors and meets productivity standards and staffing needs. Fosters a work environment favorable to retaining staff. Responsible for personnel functions including staffing, performance reviews and corrective action. Promotes professional growth and development of employees. Maintains a predictable schedule, including time on and off shifts such as weekends and holidays. Maintains collegial relationships with staff, physicians, and other departments. Maintains open communication with staff. Hires and retains individuals with appropriate skills and works to develop staff to their highest potential
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
● Registered Nurse: BSN or
● Social Worker: BSW + Masters in related field
● 3 years in direct Care Management/Utilization Management experience in an acute care setting
● Registered Nurse: BSN + Masters in related field
● Social Worker: MSW + LCSW
● 2 years of supervisory/lead/manager level of responsibility experience
● RN-BC Certification in Care Management
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23040870
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $39.59 - $59.38
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23040870
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day