AdventHealth Mechanic Assistant Laundry FT Evening Apopka in Orlando, Florida
Mechanic Assistant (Laundry) - AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 645 Campus Loop
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
- Full Time Sat-Wed 2:00 PM- 10:30 PM including Holidays and Weekends (Thursday & Friday off)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists the Engineering Team with quality preventative maintenance and repairs to industrial laundry equipment ensuring continued operation per manufacturer specifications. Examines and dismantles equipment to assist in the determination of malfunction, reassembles as instructed.
- Repairs or replaces parts as instructed utilizing hand tools and measuring instruments. Replaces components such as, bearings, motors and micro-switches as instructed.
- Responsible for the removal of lint around all equipment and support structures throughout the facility on a daily basis. This includes the use of a personnel lift on the overhead rail system.
- Schedules the prefabrication of materials to assist with preventative maintenance procedures and repairs.
- Follows all FH, OSHA, DNV and regulatory guidelines and safety procedures. Ensures all equipment is in safe, operating condition.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of one year of experience with factory-type manufacturing or processing equipment and systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of mechanical fundamentals
- Graduate of maintenance or factory-service school education (Preferred)
Under general supervision, the Mechanic Assistant performs preventative maintenance and repairs on industrial laundry and associated equipment. Accounts for materials used and maintains accurate logs. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.