AdventHealth Medical Assistant Monday- Friday 7:30am - 4pm in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
* Medical Assistant I - AdventHealth - Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, ORLANDO, FL, 32803
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Orlando*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Work Hours/Shift:* Monday- Friday 7:30am - 4pm
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Delivers excellent customer service to the patients, families and other care providers, focusing on family centered care by displaying a positive attitude and demonstrates a professional demeanor with every patient encounter.
- Coordinates pre-office visit scheduling, chart review and general clerical activities.
- Under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician, coordinates clinical care during clinic visit.
- Coordinates post-office visit clinical care including scanning of all recent clinic visit documents, ensures diagnostic tests, lab results and medical records are reviewed by physician and scheduling of diagnostic procedures.
- Daily management of clinic consult rooms readiness including ensuring cleanliness, adequate stocking of supplies, and appearance as specified by the clinic manager.
What You Will Need:
- One year of experience in a complex practice environment within the last two years.
- Current CPR
- Current Basic Life Support
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English with physicians, patients and staff of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal, organization skills and the ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Able to act in an autonomous, self-directed manner while maintaining the ability to collaborate with other professional and non-professional in situations of high complexity and high intensity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification
Under the general direction of the clinic manager, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting in promoting the highest quality of service with a spirit of willingness, cooperation and cordiality to both patients and staff. This position provides support to physicians and nurses by coordinating patient flow and assisting with various activities including the coordination of pre-office visit care, clinical care during office visit and post-office visit clinical care. In addition, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for the daily management of clinic consult room readiness and ongoing clinic regulatory readiness. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.