AdventHealth Medical Lab Technician - Various Shifts Available in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or workarea efficiently and accurately, according to AdventHealth procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with AdventHealth procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technician level in appropriate specialties (Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, and Immunohematology, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus assignment.
- Exhibits technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory testing, procedures and processes performed in department or work area assigned.
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
- Reads text and numbers in English, and displays the ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match, problem solve, under supervision.
- One-year analytical, technical experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting
- Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or an equivalent term OR 2 years post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
- Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Technician, or equivalent term
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technician level in all 6 specialties (Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Molecular Pathology)
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed. The position requires the exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.