Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
The Assistant Professor is a respected member of the University faculty and has begun to serve as a mentor to colleagues and students. Appointment as Assistant Professor signifies demonstrated competence as an educator with a promise of excellence, competence in professional service, and evidence of promise in scholarship. The Assistant Professor participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provide course syllabi for instruction.
· Develop, Design and Deliver Instruction in assigned courses.
· Participate in Student Advising and Mentoring.
· Formulate and administer, as needed, student competencies.
· Engage in the academic roles of teaching, service, scholarship and research.
· Grade examinations and assignments and review evaluations with students.
· Review and assist with revisions as needed for department policies and procedures.
· Identify and recommend to department chair appropriate community agency linkages for student learning experiences.
· Documents areas of concern and prescribes appropriate process for remediation.
· Evaluates learning resources such as reference material, audio/visual aids, computer assisted learning programs, and library acquisitions.
· Continue to develop as a faculty member of the university through advanced studies, research and writing.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution. The degree must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment. Minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
· The candidate must have at least two years of effective college-level work in the area of academic or professional expertise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 year of classroom teaching as MLS faculty or bench experience in the relevant area
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Current ASCP-BOC as MLS(ASCP) generalist or as relevant area technologist
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth University
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23046133
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $31.29 - $46.929
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23046133
Job Family: Education
Shift: 1 - Day