Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 7823 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836
Shift : Varies
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth ’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
· Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Always follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or IMPAX (PACS) and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/ Educator. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
· Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Demonstrates ability to coordinate acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager and Lead Sonographer. All FT and PT dayshift/weekday employees must participate in the System back up call rotation. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS when needed. Notifies Radiologist Facilitator (RF) and transmits required worksheet and requisition for all after-hours cases. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the Ultrasound department. [Data Processing]
· Operates and maintains Ultrasound equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Employee job duties may include handling and disposal of hazardous material (Hazmat) waste. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling Hazmat waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and disposal of Hazmat waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. Follows guidelines for proper use of GUS and/or Trophon unit. Washes hands before and after every patient encounter. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
· Performs a full range of diagnostic ultrasound procedures and operates all ultrasound equipment in assigned department. Is willing and able to rotate between multiple campuses/US departments as needed. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Demonstrates a willingness to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [Clinical Competence]
· Assists with data collection for KPI's while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Contributes toward process improvement by serving on PI teams as assigned. Participates in department patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
· Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. Attends all other meetings as required. [Department Meeting Attendance]
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
A minimum of the following two American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) specialty examinations:
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Abdomen (AB) AND
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) OR
American Registry of Radiologic Technologies RT (S)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AH Palm Parkway ER
Req ID: 21043052
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.