All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights 3 12’s
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Neonatal Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. He / she must be able to accept leadership responsibility in the absence of a Lead Therapist as directed. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
· Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per protocol.
· Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubating, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, performs trach tube change, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, endotracheal intubation, and procedural respiratory support.
· Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
· Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines.
· Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
· Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors Heliox and Nitric oxide.
· Properly performs hemodynamic procedures to include arterial cannulation.
· Transitional care and management of home ventilators.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION REQUIRED :
· Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Active and Current Florida State License as Registered Respiratory Therapist
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
· Active Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23023715
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $28.37 - $40.52
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23023715
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 3 - Night