All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Sign-on Bonus*
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Shift : Monday - Friday
Location: 615 East Princeton Street Suite 104 Orlando Fl 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Pediatric Specialty Nurse Coordinator is responsible and accountable for assessment, education, training and coordination of care for patients with specialty needs that are congruent with defined specialty standards of practice. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Click the below link for more information:
Complex Care | AdventHealth for Children | Formerly Florida Hospital for Children (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-children/pediatric-complex-care)
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Collaborates with surgeons, mid-level providers, consulting physicians, nursing, and interdepartmental staff to ensure a seamless experience for patients and their families from admission to discharge.
· Partners with medical staff, interdepartmental staff and community resources providing comprehensive treatment and referrals along the patient care continuum.
· Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
· Demonstrates excellence in clinical nursing skills and/or provides professional patient care by maintaining clinical competency and ongoing skill development.
· Rounds on all specialty patients daily
· Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, protocols, clinical care paths and procedures.
· Develops nursing standards of patient care and standards of nursing practice consistent with current nursing research findings and nationally recognized professional standards. Measures, assesses and improves patient outcomes achieved through developing and implementing nursing standards of patient care and nursing standards of practice.
· Evaluates patient care with an emphasis on process improvement. Demonstrates and promotes quality improvement (QI) initiatives for the specialty population by integrating customer needs and staff competency to provide a safe environment and quality care/service for customers and employees.
· Provides in-service education, staff development instruction and educational opportunities to medical and nursing staff, nursing students and members of the community. Attends educational, department, provider meetings and marketing requests.
· Serves as a resource for discharged patients, their families/significant others and caretakers as well as home health personnel.
· Supports/Promotes evidence-based practice and specialty standards of care
· Provides education to patients, their families/significant others and caretakers.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Capable of relating to diverse age and social backgrounds
· Professional knowledge and clinical ability sufficient to provide excellent patient care and family support activities
· An independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, and a professional demeanor
· Sound knowledge of procedures and regulations specific to the assessment and care of infants, children and adolescents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Two-three years of hospital case management/care coordination experience
· Experience working with children with chronic, complex and special needs
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
· For Cost Center 6353 :
· Florida Class “E” driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AH policy.
· Current PALS Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027755
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $34.15 - $51.22
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23027755
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day