AdventHealth Nurse Navigator in Orlando, Florida
Nurse Navigator CV AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
? Full Time
- Develops, plans and implements evidenced-based measures that increases the quality of care for the electrophysiology/cardiovascular spectrum of patient care and ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Supports and assists with data collection for process and quality improvement while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Works collaboratively with the CV Quality department.
- Keeps Manager and Director informed and seeks assistance and direction from appropriate individuals when confronted with unfamiliar procedures and techniques before implementing them to ensure delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Coordinates patient education and care: serves as an ongoing resource for patients and families during their diagnosis and treatment period; communicates information regarding patient status and needs; collaborates with other providers regarding how to best meet needs and sequence care; assesses patients? learning style and health literacy in order to provide education on the appropriate patient level.
- Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment phase, ensuring appropriate/timely medical/supportive services.
- Bachelor?s degree in Nursing
- Three years of experience in cardiac care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master?s degree in Nursing, Business Management or Healthcare Management
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous experience with projects or program start-up
- Current valid State of Florida license as a registered nurse
- Current valid BLS and ACLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Specialty certification as defined by cost center
The Nurse Navigator coordinates all services required to provide multidisciplinary, quality assured, appropriate case selection and cost-effective care to cardiovascular and electrophysiology patients. The Nurse Navigator serves as a resource for patients, physicians and others serving in the role of educator, quality improvement and consultant to patients referred. Makes initial contact with the patient/family to establish a professional relationship and understanding of the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up regimen. The nurse assesses the patient?s status and works with physicians to determine appropriate plan for patient and assess appropriateness per regulatory and vendor guidelines. Develops, manages and redesigns, as needed, the process for scheduling a procedure through discharge for patients in the CV department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.