AdventHealth Nurse Technician PRN All Locations in Orlando, Florida
Nurse Tech AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth All Locations:
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country.
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main interest; also conveniently located near Walt Disney World.
- AdventHealth Celebration was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- AdventHealth Altamonte is the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. Consistently named "Best Hospital" for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab. AdventHealth Apopka hospital also features 30,000-square-foot ED with pediatric friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station.
- AdventHealth Winter Park chartered in 1951, over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale Obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopedic Institute.
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area.
- AdventHealth Winter Garden, is a three-story facility chartered in 2016. Located across from Winter Gardens Village at Fowler Groves.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Quality & Service Excellence, Community Well-Being, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness; as outlined in the organization’s Professional Practice Model.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Collaborate with RN as needed to assist in meeting patient’s needs based on evaluations. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
What You Will Need:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Up to 1 year after graduation, may use the title Nurse Technician after successful graduation from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program until:
- ATT (Authorization to Test) is received and/or
- Failed NCLEX twice
- The employee may remain as a Nurse Tech only the above length of time and only if a position is available and the employee has satisfactory evaluations.
- Successfully completed first semester of an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
- Proof of continued enrollment in an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, with no break in enrollment to exceed 1 year OR,
- Successful graduated from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
- If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing - approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training
The Nurse Technician is one who assists the nursing staff in the delivery of patient care by performing specific tasks under the direction of an RN to identified age specific groups. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.