Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nursing Laboratory Assistant performs laboratory support procedures within assigned areas and requires the exercise of judgment under supervision. This position assists the lab instructor with the instruction of lab assignments to include preparation of the lab room for class and cleaning the area after use. This position adheres to all AdventHealth University rules and regulations and applicable local, state and federal regulatory standards. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Prepares, sets up, breaks down, and cleans up for all of the nursing lab activities, open labs, and Eagle Expo activities.
· Maintain laboratory equipment to the extent that these items are kept in good working condition and are at optimum calibration and reporting when not working optimally.
· Stores, receives, and stocks equipment and supplies and help with the Lab inventory.
· Organizes and maintains a clean and safe laboratory and storeroom environments (floors, counter tops, sinks, shelving, equipment, washes and stores linens, and other materials).
· Reassure that the equipment is properly signed out and returned.
· Distributes promotional study aids, handouts, and related instructional materials as needed or requested per Lab Coordinator of Faculty members.
· Assists with CERNER documentation station.
· Assists with developing a policy and procedure to ensure security of all laboratory equipment and a safety program for students.
· Assists in obtaining information and quotes for laboratory equipment, materials, and supplies.
· Assist and Maintains the use of all computers, mannequins, models and equipment, cleaning, and assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Must be a second year Nursing student at AHU.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Student Worker
Organization: AdventHealth University
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23046855
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $13.00 - $18.201
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23046855
Job Family: Student Worker
Shift: 1 - Day