AdventHealth Occupational Therapist - Float - AdventHealth Orlando - FT in Orlando, Florida
Occupational Therapist – Float – FT Days -AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time – Friday, Saturday and Monday – 8a – 8:30p
This is a float position – Coverage will be all 9 Central Florida AH Hospitals and AH Polk and AH Waterman – maybe traveling to two sites per shift. Beginning of training will be AH Polk and Waterman
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements, and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care. Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- At least entry level professional competency of Occupational Therapy practice, theory, principles and applications
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and five years of work experience in Occupational Therapy,
- OR Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation Department. May supervise other Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, volunteers, technical aides and interns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.