AdventHealth Occupational Therapist Orthopedics and ICU - Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Occupational Therapist Orthopedics and ICU AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time - Tuesday – Saturday 10a -6:30p
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements, and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations. Documents education and understanding as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and five years of work experience in Occupational Therapy, OR
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation Department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, volunteers, technical aides and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.