AdventHealth Ortho Coordinator Registered Nurse RN AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North Full Time in Orlando, Florida
Registered Nurse (RN) AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide leadership and support for orthopedic unit and orthopedic patients in other locations in the facility
- Collaborate with facility leadership on areas of concern and areas where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- Communicate effectively with facility team, providers, internal and external customers.
- Ensure unfinished follow-up items are effectively communicated to on-coming supervisors. Follow-up on return to facility on items that remain incomplete. Identify opportunities for education or process improvement and participate in solutions where concerns persist.
- Conduct monthly “new hire” Ortho training for all nurses and CNAs joining the facility team. Assist in ensuring current staff participate in annual Ortho training in collaboration with the facility ADON/SDC
- Ensure DON and Unit manager are kept updated on current clinical issues that are in process of being addressed, customer service concerns, grievances, and other follow-up. Provide status updates consistently and collaborate with DON, Unit manager and other team members as appropriate to ensure positive outcomes.
- Reinforce training on the general Orthopedic info, and the Ortho admission process for Nursing
- Assist in staff training/support when admission requirements are not being met. Collaborate with the ADON/Staff educator on training needs for Orthopedic Unit staff.
- Encourage and promote accountability of staff to complete required care, documentation and other duties to ensure positive patient outcomes and enhanced customer service on the Orthopedic Unit.
- Participate in daily Ortho rounds with patient, Rehab Director or Physical Therapist, and Social Services
- Participate in Ortho programs rounds with attending Orthopedic physician
- Review unit orders for accuracy and appropriateness, provide physician follow-up and staff coaching when concerns are identified.
- Promote teamwork and positive environment in ortho unit, between routine and prn staff
- Attend Ortho Team Meetings (monthly/quarterly) consistently and work to implement any updates provided during the meeting.
- Share regular clinical updates with staff as it relates to care of ortho patient population.
- Promote exceptional customer service for Ortho unit and patients
- Routinely check to ensure that Ortho unit “tracking sheet” is updated appropriately by Admissions to reflect true reason for admission in the diagnosis section
- Provide orthopedic unit training as appropriate – general facility training would be provided by ADON
- Work with DON and staffing to ensure Ortho Manager coverage for pre-planned vacation
- Update CNA orthopedic patient log book with ortho patient info/keep CNAs updated regularly on patient activity needs, areas they can remind patients or assist in safely increasing activity level improve outcomes.
- Follow-up on likely admission referrals for ortho program by reviewing hospital records. Develop a plan for how to manage potential/actual complications once patient is admitted (Hgb trending low, post-op or opioid-induced constipation, pain management concerns).
- Ortho Nurse Manager not expected to be on the cart, but available to assist in direct patient care to ensure patient receives appropriate treatment in timely manner.
- Track orthopedic care data and submit orthopedic metrics monthly, submit by 10th of current month on details from previous month.
- Follow all orthopedic patients in the facility and provide support for Orthopedic concerns identified in the facility, regardless of location in facility, or status on Orthopedic program.
- Collaborate with therapy team to ensure timely patient attendance in therapy sessions.
- Collaborate with activities team regarding Orthopedic-specific activities
- Participate in telemedicine follow-up with Orthopedic physicians and their patients (if available in unit)
- Participate in UR meetings – ortho patients
- Follow-up on discharged Orthopedic patients either directly (if facility policy), or with the team member the facility holds responsible for completing discharge follow-up (eg. Social Services)
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Two years prior experience in a management and/or supervisory position
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.