YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
• A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
• Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiovascular (CV) Paramedic performs specific technical skills, which are utilized during pre-procedure and post procedure Interventional and Invasive Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology and Radiology procedures. Working under the general supervision of a physician medical director and the direct supervision of nursing, the CV Paramedic helps to prepare and recover patients providing efficiency, comfort, and safety of all patients. The Paramedic needs to be proficient in all aspects of their outlined job description and works within the bounds of their scope of practice, consistent with Florida statute, policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services Department, hospital administration and adhere to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Airway and Breathing
• Uses positive pressure ventilation devices (bag-valve-mask)
• Suctions the upper airway
• Provides supplemental oxygen therapy
• Obtains patient history
• Obtains vital signs
• Perform 12 lead EKGs
• Monitors / Interprets cardiac telemetry
• Assist with pre-procedural prep of patient
• Transports pre-procedure and post-procedure patients between invasive labs, recovery areas and/or nursing units.
• Post-procedure transport includes those patients with sheaths and/or having received procedural sedation.
• Assist Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse with transport of STEMI patient from ED to Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
• Capable of arterial and venous sheath removal, bleeding control and obtaining hemostasis.
• Uses external defibrillator to perform cardioversions, manual defibrillation and transcutaneous pacing.
• Perform venipuncture for laboratory testing.
• Performs CPR, when needed.
• Under personal supervision of a physician, performs exercise and pharmacologic cardiac stress testing
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit. Performs effectively in other roles required by campus (stress lab, procedural support and recovery unit, cardiac rehab, ECG, cardiovascular ultrasound, and Code Blue)
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree Emergency Medical Services
• Critical Care Paramedic Certification ( CCP-C)
• Basic arrhythmia interpretation.
• Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth East Orlando
Req ID: 22019043
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.