All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: Benefits from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday through Friday 6:30am-3pm
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiovascular (CV) Paramedic performs specific technical skills, which are utilized during pre-procedure and post procedure Interventional and Invasive Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology and Radiology procedures. Working under the general supervision of a physician medical director and the direct supervision of nursing, the CV Paramedic helps to prepare and recover patients providing efficiency, comfort, and safety of all patients. The Paramedic needs to be proficient in all aspects of their outlined job description and works within the bounds of their scope of practice, consistent with Florida statute, policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services Department, hospital administration and adhere to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. A four-week notice is required for resignation/transfer, as well as any change in employment status resulting in decreased hours worked.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Airway and Breathing
· Uses positive pressure ventilation devices (bag-valve-mask)
· Suctions the upper airway
· Provides supplemental oxygen therapy
· Obtains patient history
· Obtains vital signs
· Perform 12 lead EKGs
· Monitors / Interprets cardiac telemetry
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Maintains aseptic technique. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
· Produce an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based on the scope and complexity of the procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintain authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
· Assist with pre-procedural prep of patient
· Transports pre-procedure and post-procedure patients between invasive labs, recovery areas and/or nursing units.
· Post-procedure transport includes those patients with sheaths and/or having received procedural sedation.
· Assist Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse with transport of STEMI patient from ED to Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
· Capable of arterial and venous sheath removal, bleeding control and obtaining hemostasis.
· Uses external defibrillator to perform cardioversions, manual defibrillation and transcutaneous pacing.
· Perform venipuncture for laboratory testing.
· Performs CPR, when needed.
· Under personal supervision of a physician, performs exercise and pharmacologic cardiac stress testing
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit. Performs effectively in other roles required by campus (stress lab, procedural support and recovery unit, cardiac rehab, ECG, cardiovascular ultrasound, and Code Blue)
· Responsible for monitoring and transporting patients with ACLS approved medication drips and antiplatelet therapy drips.
· Administer medications by IV push and/or IV infusion in emergent situations, according to AHA Guidelines following the ACLS algorithms and other emergency medication as needed.
· Establish and maintain peripheral intravenous access. Administer non-medicated intravenous fluid therapy
Point of Care Testing
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined by the state and the facility, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the facility non-waived Point of Care training
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic arrhythmia interpretation.
· American Heart Association® Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
· American Heart Association® Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Paramedic Technology Certificate
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida Licensed Paramedic
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 22020847
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.