AdventHealth Patient Area Cleaner in Orlando, Florida
- Cleans assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, and sanitizing all surfaces
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with facility standards
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as necessary or designated
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning. Documents all work that has been performed
- Stocks cart daily with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming
- Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner
- Ability to read, write and speak conversational English (Required)
- Basic computer skills and use of mouse and keyboard (Required)
- One Year of housekeeping or custodial experience (Preferred)
The Patient /Area Cleaner will utilize the 10-step process to perform daily cleaning of patient rooms, ancillary areas, restrooms, offices, public areas and corridors. Patient/Area Cleaner will extend AdvenHealth’s mission through outstanding patient care; utilizing iCARE principles and AH Service Standards: Love me, Own it, Keep me Safe, and Make it Easy. Patient/Area Cleaners duties include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area, provides supplies to mentioned areas as appropriate, and maintains areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its members, and AdventHealth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.