AdventHealth Patient Care Tech I Multiple Shifts Orlando in Orlando, Florida
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth Orlando non-waived Point of Care training.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS required issued by American Heart Association (AHA)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.