YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Physical Therapist Neuro, Surgical, Oncology, Behavioral Health AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00am-8:30pm
What you will be Responsible for:
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assesses patient ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills
• Designs appropriate plans of care, including type and frequency of treatment
• Implements treatment plans using appropriate modalities
• Documents patient progress
• Plans and assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs
• Oversees the care provided by certified physical therapy assistants and therapy technicians, according to established regulations and practice standards
• Meets productivity standard as defined by department
• Handles and disposes of hazardous waste following established protocol. Consistently adheres to department's radiation dosimetry process, including meeting all badge return deadlines in a timely manner
• Documents and charges patients progress accurately completely and timely • Entry level competency of physical therapy practice theory principle and applications as defined in competency department policies
• Attends department meetings and education as required
• May assist with teaching clinical students • Uses measurable and objective terminology following standard practice insurance guideline and department procedures
• May assist when available to market physical therapy program in the hospital and community
• Willingly adjust and adapt to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/ programs as needed/ approved and observed by manager
• Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
• Ability to assess and determine appropriate need for treatments
• Ability to perform standard diagnostics and prognostic examinations of muscle, nerve, joint, and functional ability
• Up-to-date knowledge of specialized physical testing and treatment equipment
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with other health care professionals in the management and implementation of care within and across care settings and communities
• Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals • Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Current valid State license as a Physical Therapist
• Temporary State permit as Physical Therapi
What you will need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelors 0 years experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: • Basic Life Support - CPR Cert LICENSURE
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards. All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE I make safety my number one priority. I protect privacy and confidentiality. I keep my environment clean. I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
LOVE ME I treat others with uncommon compassion. I nurture whole-person care throughCREATION Health.
Treat others with fairness and respect. I listen and communicate using
iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY I help guests to their destination. I speak highly of others to provide connected care. I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses. I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
OWN IT I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations. I follow through on commitments. I use discretion with personal devices. I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank) Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to: • Mission • Vision • Values • Code of Conduct as outlined in the "Guidelines for Employees" handbook Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks. Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES • Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times • Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior • Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments • Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others • Complies with the Corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines • Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government • Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 21043633
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.