AdventHealth Polysomnographer - Night in Orlando, Florida
Polysomnographic Technologist - Nights- AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time - Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Performs quality sleep recordings by collecting, analyzing, and integrating pertinent patient history information, properly preparing the patient according to age, conducting the examination, and preparing the recording for the physician interpretation.
- Accurately documents, posts, and charges for procedures to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
Safety and the Environment of Care
- Adheres to hospital infection control and safety standards.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Receives and gives report clearly to communicate patient care information to provide optimal care.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Minimum six months’ polysomnography experience or successful completion of a sleep program.
License or Certifiaction Required
Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (CRPT)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Associate’s degree or higher in healthcare science related field
Experience with Nihon Kohden equipment and software
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION :
- Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist through the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) OR Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
Performs quality sleep studies for all patients under minimal supervision in order to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. Facilitates all aspects of study completion and reporting. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Participates in the AdventHealth performance improvement program. Performs additional duties as requested.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Sleep Center
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: AdventHealth Orl Support
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.